Home
 Blogs
 Help
 Search
 Members
 Login
 Register

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I want to be a "next big thing."

You know you've heard this one a million times before. The Killers, The Bravery, Franz Ferdinand, Van Hunt, Jill Scott, Travis, Yellowcard and countless others have worn this mantle at one time or another with varied degrees of success.

Now we have another group currently carrying the title. The Arctic Monkeys.

And not only are the next big thing, they are going to "save rock 'n' roll."

I didn't even know it was sick.

Time will tell if the band holds up, but I have to say they are off to a good start. I've heard their new album, "Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not," is quite good. "Brilliant" is the term I think they are throwing around in the band's home country.

It's frenetic (always liked that word). Loads of energy. The band's first single "I Bet You Look Good On The Dance Floor" is getting some airplay on The Tiger.

They may not save rock, but they've definitely earned a few more albums to find out.

And I'll settle for being a "next medium-sized thing."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Our Partners:
Montgomery Advertiser Prattville Progress Gannett Gannett Foundation USAToday USAWeekend The Bulletin Board The Bayonet Maxwell Gunter Dispatch Maxwell Gunter Dispatch

Copyright © 1997- 2005 The Advertiser Co. Use of this site signifies your agreement to  the Terms of Service (Updated 12/18/2002)