Home
 Blogs
 Help
 Search
 Members
 Login
 Register

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I think I want to be English.

Or Welsh.

Or Scottish.

Or Irish. (As in my being directly from Ireland, not just in terms of heritage which I already am)

I'm not sure why; it's just a feeling. Or maybe I want to be a guy from U.K. who now lives in the States. Perhaps a guy from the States who now lives in the U.K.

I do know that most of the music I like is from that general area and since obsessing about tunes consumes a good chunk of my time, lets just go ahead and go all in. It would at least save me money on currency exchanges buying stuff off of Amazon UK.

All of this is brought on by my reading my latest issue of Q magazine. It's just full of bands I may never get to see and albums that are too hard to read about in domestic magazines.

On second thought, I really like being from the States. It's just me.

I wonder if I can just get a cool British accent instead.

2 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Blogger Dzesika said...

Rah. The whole American expat thing is highly overrated. Just download your tunes from the Net instead. You don't get the liner notes, but you don't have to deal with broken-down public transport or a nonexistent health service, either - not to mention the entirety of the Cockney accent.

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Sean said...

How does the Cockney accent rate next to the Southern accent I wonder. I think I would stick out over there more than I'd like. I imagine I just couldn't cut over there, although I would enjoy the proximity to plenty of shows by my favorite bands. And I need my liner notes. My name is Sean and I am a liner note addict. (Group greets me in unison.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Our Partners:
Montgomery Advertiser Prattville Progress Gannett Gannett Foundation USAToday USAWeekend The Bulletin Board The Bayonet Maxwell Gunter Dispatch Maxwell Gunter Dispatch

Copyright © 1997- 2005 The Advertiser Co. Use of this site signifies your agreement to  the Terms of Service (Updated 12/18/2002)