Home
 Blogs
 Help
 Search
 Members
 Login
 Register

Sunday, May 21, 2006

I took Rolling Stone's rock 'n' roll quiz in its special anniversary issue. This is often a dangerous task. When you take quizzes like this your opinion can often be ... untainted by reality. Maybe it's just me.

I look at those quizzes and I think "A quiz? I shall quickly decimate this feeble assault on my pop-culture omnipotence!"

Then I get, like, three right...out of 500. Maybe that's a slight overstatement.

But with this one I did OK. My knowledge apparently exceeds the usual VH1 special. Incidentally, I'm also smarter than the average bear.

It was a VH1 special, ironically, that cost me an answer. On a question on rock myths I went with something I remember from VH1. Turns out that was incorrect. Common belief states that Mama Cass did die of choking on a ham sandwich. On the special, her sister disputed this. That's what I was remembering.

The lesson? Too much of my brain is being innapropriately used to store things like math and social skills. I need an upgrade so I can remember which KISS member had the highest-charting song from the four solo albums band members released on the same day.

It was Ace Frehley.

I got that one wrong, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Our Partners:
Montgomery Advertiser Prattville Progress Gannett Gannett Foundation USAToday USAWeekend The Bulletin Board The Bayonet Maxwell Gunter Dispatch Maxwell Gunter Dispatch

Copyright © 1997- 2005 The Advertiser Co. Use of this site signifies your agreement to  the Terms of Service (Updated 12/18/2002)